Highlights for 2019 – 2020
- $25 event fee for each film.
- Each troupe may enter up to 3 films for consideration.
- Deadline: the film, entry form (coming soon), and event fee must be received by Friday, December 6, 2019.
- Event contact email: FilmFestival@gathespians.org
Georgia is fast becoming a hub for filmmaking. And with access to smartphones, it is quickly becoming easier to film, edit and share films with each other. Anyone can participate in the creative experience of making a movie. Georgia Thespians introduces the newest event — The Georgia Thespian Film Festival — where students can showcase their student-produced films in a festival-like special event which would include a quick talkback with the student filmmakers present at the end of the showcase.
Film submissions will be screened, and films selected for the festival will be notified by the second LeadCon on January 2020.
Please review our scoring rubric.
- Films should be between 3-10 minutes in length, including credits.
- Format for the films should be as follows:
- Beginning of the film:
- 5 seconds of black
- a title card with the name of the film and the troupe number
- 2 seconds of black
- Make sure you have submitted the form and paid the entry fee for each film.
- If the film is already on YouTube and is “public,” ignore step 3.
- If the film is not already on YouTube, upload it to YouTube, and make the film “unlisted.” This will make the film viewable only to those who have the link. However, if you don’t mind others seeing it before the festival, make it “public.”
- Send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait patiently.
- A list of all the films selected will be posted on the Georgia Thespian website, date TBD. If your film is picked for the festival, you will receive additional information about where to submit a copy of your film.