Highlights for 2018 – 2019
- Screening Application Deadline: October 5, 2018.
- Show Screening Window closes November 16, 2018.
- Selection Notification will be given by December 5, 2018.
- Show Schedule will be announced on December 10, 2018.
Mandatory production meeting for directors of accepted shows:
January 5, 2019 @ 10:00 AM
Baldwin High School, Milledgeville, GA
Mail screening agreements and payments to:
2897 North Druid Hills Road
Atlanta, GA 30329
One of the most memorable conference moments is to sit in a beautiful, dark theatre and witness the most amazing show you’ve ever seen! Georgia Thespians wants to bring high quality one-act productions to showcase at the Georgia Thespian Conference. If your troupe would like to share your show with other Thespians, then ask your director to apply for screening. Please note, troupes are allowed to choose only one show to be screened each year.
There are numerous opportunities for getting your production featured in one of our conference venues. Our goal is to provide conference attendees with a variety of theatre with regards to genre, style, theme, and scale.
Directors must agree to the conditions listed in the Screening Agreement, and fill-out and submit a Screening Application. Selected shows will be given notice of acceptance early December before conference. All show directors must attend a production meeting at the 2nd LeadCon session in January before conference.
Screening fees: $100.00 for one-act shows that are ONE HOUR or less.
Accepted Forms of Payment:
- School check
- Booster Club check
- Money Order
- Cashiers/Certified Check
WE CANNOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS
As a member of the Educational Theatre Association (EdTA), it is our goal to make Theatre Education a central part of the screening process. Adjudicators will use an evaluation rubric designed to provide ample feedback to students and directors.
Sarah Lindahl and Miro Gomez, Conference Shows Coordinators
Performance Venue Information
- River Centre for the Performing Arts Bill Heard Theater
Seating capacity: 1988
- Columbus State University Theatre on the Park Proscenium Theater
Seating capacity: 350
- CSU Studio Theatre
Seating capacity: 120
- Springer Opera House
Seating capacity: 700
- McClure Black Box Theater
Seating capacity: 300
Rules and Procedures for Selected Shows:
- When you arrive at the venue, ask for the Stage Management Venue Coordinator. They will show you the space, including: dressing rooms, control booth, and backstage area.
- Please be aware that House Management may open the house during your lights and sound check.
- At their discretion House Management may allow late seating into the balcony.