We hope you are making plans to join us on this Saturday, January 5th, 2019, forLeadCon 2 at Baldwin High School in Milledgeville, GA.
LeadCon is our leadership training conference where troupe directors and students can attend workshops led by members of the Chapter Board. Here are a few events and topics that will be covered:
- Conference Events for Directors -Troupe directors, come meet with coordinators for Improv!, PlayWorks, FreeStyle, Film Festival, and Tech Challenge to have all of your questions answered.
- Conference Events for Students – Specifically for students, this session provides you the opportunity to ask questions about what to expect at for Improv!, PlayWorks, FreeStyle, Film Festival, and Tech Challenge.
- Scholarships – Jarrad Howard will be on hand to answer all of your questions about auditioning for colleges and scholarships. Come get FAQs and audition tips.
- Conference Show Directors Meeting – Sarah Lindahl & Miro Gomez, Show Selection and Scheduling Coordinators, will meet with all conference show directors to discuss performances at Thespian Conference. Required for all conference show directors.
- Individual Events – Cece Conrath, IE Coordinator, will answer your IE questions. Students will also have an opportunity to perform your IE and get feedback to help you make your performance the best it can be.
- New Troupe Directors – Valerie Longshore-Sargent, the New Troupe Director Mentor, will help you navigate the final push to conference. This session is highly encouraged for the first- and second- year Troupe Directors.
- Show Ticketing Workshop – In the Show Ticketing Workshop, Richard Frazier will walk you through how to create a login, what you will see once logged in, how to select tickets, as well as tips and tricks to getting the seats you want. He will also talk through the process of early access codes for those who attended both LeadCon sessions and what to expect.
- State Thespian Officer Elections – Troupe reps that attended LeadCon 1 will have the opportunity to vote on the 2019-2020 STO.
- Opening Number Rehearsal – January 4 from 6:30 PM – 10:00 PM and January 5 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
ThesCon’s Got Talent
Got talent? We want to see it! The STO are searching statewide for the contestants with a variety of talents to perform at ThesCon’s Got Talent. To audition, upload a video to YouTube and fill out the audition in the link below. Only one audition per troupe. Audition forms must be submitted by January 22.
Show Ticketing Procedures
Show Ticketing Opens: Monday, January 14 at 10:00am through Wednesday, January 16 at midnight.
Pre-Access Ticketing Opens: Sunday, January 13 at 10:00am
Create A Login
All Troupe Directors must create a Georgia Thespians BookTix account.
You will only have to do this once. Only one account per troupe.
Visit gathespians.booktix.com to create an account. Be sure to fill out all information.
– If you are a current Booktix user (through your school, etc) you must create a separate account for the Georgia Thespians portal.
– If you were at LeadCon 1 and have already created an account, you do not need to create a new one. You may choose “Login”
Show Lists By Track
Once have created your account and logged in a comprehensive list of all shows will appear. They are sorted first by venue (largest to small) and then by time (Thursday evening to Saturday morning). The complete Yellow Track listing is at the top of the page and the complete Blue Track listing begins about half way down.
To view only Blue Track Shows click here
To view only Yellow Track Shows click here
You may also click on the hyper link below each show name to take you to the list of just your tracks shows.
Tips And Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to ensure that your ticket selection goes smoothly.
– Create your account in advance.
– Either save your information into the password feature on the computer you will use when selecting tickets or write it down on a sticky note so you have it handy when tickets become available
– Share this information with your students. You can set up a google form or remind to acquire information from your students. Give yourself plenty of time to process numbers so that when selecting you can be quick and efficient.
– Start with the smaller venue shows. If you know that there is something you would like to see in the smaller venues (ie CSU Blackbox or McClure Theatre) select those tickets first as those are normally the first shows to “sell out”.
– Remember that the more prepared you are the morning that tickets go on sale, the more likely you are to get the shows you want.
– If for whatever reason the show you want sells out, please visit the Ticket Exchange table in the Trade Center during conference. The show you may have wanted may be available there.