LeadCon, short for Leadership Conference, gives opportunities to promote and develop student leadership in Georgia’s Thespian troupes. We invite you to bring all your high school troupe leaders. Specifically, your:
- Troupe’s Student Representatives (only 1 student rep for LeadCons 2020 – 2021)
- Troupe’s State Thespian Officer Candidate
- Other troupe leaders, chaperones, All-State Theatre auditionees, and directors
Your troupe’s student representative(s) will participate in the annual election process for next year’s group of Student Thespian Officers (STO). The current STO and adult members of the Thespian Board and Junior Thespian Board will conduct student-focused forums and workshops for all your student leaders on topics such as community service, advocacy, the Honor Troupe application process, IE and Scholarships, and the array of opportunities available to Thespians at Georgia Thespian Conference. We hope that these LeadCons will guide, inspire, and energize your Troupe’s student leaders.
Virtually: September 26, 2020
View the LeadCon Agenda
New Troupe Directors
All New Troupe Directors are asked to join New Troupe Director Mentor, Valarie Longshore-Sargent at 9:00 AM prior to the official LeadCon Meeting. Please email Valeria for the Zoom details.
STO Candidates and Student Reps
(that have previously signed up)
Current State Thespian Officers will provide information about the upcoming Virtual ThesCon. Representatives will also view candidates answering leadership questions. Students and Troupe Directors will receive a link from Kim Staples later this afternoon.
All-State Opening Production
Individual Student Audition Clarification
- Each school may send up to two students for the individual auditions
- Each student should have their own video audition package
- A student’s audition package may include acting or singing or dancing or any combination of the three
- When students begin to film, ensure that they introduce the pieces in the order that they will be performed
- Only one video audition package submission per student. The audition video may be filmed in one take with each section following seamlessly or different sections may be spliced together using video editing software (like iMovie for Apple or OpenShot for Windows)
- Troupe Directors will input the link for each student’s video audition package on the individual audition form
- Video audition packages are due by 11:59pm this Saturday, September 26
The Honor Troupe application process is completely electronic this year! The directions and a template for submitting your troupe’s portfolio electronically are available here. Portfolios are due Tomorrow, September 26th. And we’ve adjusted the scoring of portfolios this year to account for the the lost school time due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Virtually: January 9, 2021