STO Candidacy Application
State Thespian Officers (STOs) represent all of Georgia Thespians as they serve alongside the Georgia Thespians Chapter Board. Each school is allowed to send one candidate to run for office the first LeadCon. Candidates should be prepared to answers questions, and be prepared to present a speech at the second LeadCon. Attendance at both LeadCons is mandatory. Voting will take place at the second LeadCon. This is a year-long position which requires much dedication.
2020 – 2021 Highlights
- Summary of Dates and Deadlines:
- Step 1: Troupe Directors fill out this application by Sept. 11, 2020.
- Step 2: Candidates attend LeadCon1 (Sept. 26, 2020) and “officially” declare their candidacies to the STO Liaison.
- Step 3: Candidates fill-out online applications; secure required signatures; return signed applications to the STO Liaison. Applications must be received by the deadline: December 11, 2020 @ 4:00 PM.
- Step 4: Candidates attend LeadCon2 with their troupes (Jan. 9, 2021).
- Step 5: Candidates attend ThesCon with their troupes (Feb, 25-27, 2021).
- For more information review the application guidelines on the form, or contact Kimberly.Staples@gathespians.org