- 2022 Scholarship Recipients
- Conference Schedule
- Conference Shows
- Workshop Schedule grid
- Thespy Showcase Announcement:
- Thespys: check both schedules
- Schedule 1
– Performance for Blue track
– Acting for Blue and Yellow tracks
- Schedule 2
– Performance for Yellow track
– Tech for both Blue and Yellow tracks
- Schedule 1
Mobile Conference App: Eventsential by Results Direct.
1. Download the mobile app from your app store.
2. Launch the app on your mobile device.
3. Search for “Georgia Thespians” in the “Search” field.
4. Select the Georgia Thespian Conference. Twice. (which is odd, but whatever…)
5. Follow the prompts on your mobile device to get to the conference app.
Note: no login or user account is needed inside the conference app.
Congratulations to the 2022 Thespys receiving Overall Superiors. These entries will advance to the live Thespy Showcase Callback at Thespian Conference. A schedule and more details will be available on Monday, January 24, 2022. Adjudications results and scores will be available for viewing on the Thespy Submission Platform on Monday, as well.
The 2022 Georgia Thespian Conference will be held IN-PERSON on February 3- 5, 2022. Join us for the best three days of high school theatre in Georgia. ThesCon will be in Columbus, GA, in various venues including The Columbus Trade Center, The RiverCenter, The Springer Opera House, and the CSU Riverside Theatre.
Please review the Georgia Thespian Code of Conduct.
Please review the Safety and Security Rules.
The Executive Board of the Georgia Chapter of EDTA is actively updating our COVID contingency and mitigation plans. We will share this information at the 2022 LeadCon 1 (9/11/2021). Thank you for your patiences.
Conference Agreement Form: All conference attendees – students and adults – are required to complete an Agreement Form. Troupe Directors will collect copies of Agreement Forms from their attendees and will submit a copy of each Agreement Form with their registration packets. (link coming in September)
Conference Grants: see page for more details
Registration opens September 26, 2021 and closes on November 10, 2021 at 4:00 PM. High schools with active troupe memberships are welcome. High school Troupe Directors will coordinate and be responsible for the registration for their school’s attendees.
Troupe Directors may register inducted Thespians and non-inducted students currently enrolled at your school this year, as well as chaperones who are (or will be) 21 years of age by February 3, 2022. Georgia Thespians will cap attendance at 7,000 attendees, if necessary.
Registered troupe directors and chaperones are able to attend all conference events but should also consider themselves supervisors of students throughout the conference.
Please review our Conference Registration Guide for more information.
- $125 per attendee
- $55 per troupe/school (assessment fee)
- $25 per event (optional; see event for more details)
- Late fees: see Change Request form and fee schedule in the Conference Registration Guide
- For 2021-2022: all non-refundable and returnable fee information is spelled out in the the COVID Cancellation Policy.
Acceptable forms of payment are:
- certified checks
- school checks
- school booster club checks
- money orders (complete with signature, if required)
- credit cards
No personal checks will be accepted.
Your complete registration packet must include:
- Registration invoice with required signature section completed, printed in “portrait” (not in “landscape”)
- Payment or a copy of the emailed credit card receipt if you paid online.
- Complete Conference Agreement Forms for all your attendees organized in alphabetical order by last name. (Forms received out of alphabetical order will cause a delay in the completion of the registration process.)
Review our Mailing Best Practices before sending any registration materials.
Make all checks/money orders payable to “Georgia Thespians”.
If you need to make changes to your submitted registration, please use our official Change Request Form.
Exciting Opportunities at ThesCon
This program is an opportunity for Georgia Thespians to see their original scripts workshopped with a professional director or playwright. One submitted selection will be chosen to participate in a staged reading, including an audience talkback session at ThesCon. Read more…
This event nurtures original student-written musicals from the page to the stage. The program staff will choose one new work to be developed at Georgia Thespian Conference. Professional stage and music directors will help workshop and stage one selected submission with student actors. Read more…
Improv! is an educational program that combines Thespians from schools who have all been working on playing specific improvisation games with Thespians from other schools who have been working on playing the same games. A strong improv student will embrace the opportunity to work with new identities on familiar games as students get to work with peers they are meeting for the first time. Click here for more information.
Quiz Bowl is an event in which two teams compete in a high-stakes game of theatre smarts! Teams answer questions in rapid recall from all areas of theatre knowledge, including history, performance, design and more. Those who move on to the championship will have the opportunity to compete during ThesCon with an entertaining game show host and live audience! Click here for more information.
Each year at conference, Georgia Thespians recognizes outstanding work and dedication to educational theatre by students and their teachers. Previous awards have included Hall Of Fame, Administrator Of The Year, All-Star Techies, and Outstanding Achievement In Theatre. Click here for more details and forms.